Civil Case to be Resolved Next Week
By James Mc
Lawyers representing both sides of the civil case filed by federal prosecutors against online gaming company BetOnSports have told a US federal court in St Louis that a resolution should be achieved by next week.

Jeffrey Demerath, representing BetOnSports, told US District Judge Carol Jackson that the company received a proposed consent order from prosecutors on Thursday night but was unable to consult with the company's board of directors over the weekend to review the document.

Assistant US Attorney Michael Fagan responded by stating that there was no substantive disagreement over the proposed order, and that a week's delay should allow both sides to come to terms.

Federal prosecutors from St. Louis and Washington filed civil and criminal charges against the company, its employees and associated companies earlier this summer, winning a temporary restraining order preventing the company from accepting bets from US customers.

BetOnSports announced in August that it would no longer accept US wagers, and would refund money in customer accounts when it became available.

Close to $4.6 billion was wagered with BetOnSports from 2001 to 2005, with the majority of the 10 million bets placed in 2005 coming from the US.

 
 
 
 
 
Online Casino News.com provides online gamblers with information on online casino gambling, sports betting tips, wining casino tips, internet casino reviews, sports odds, matchups, results, editorial and much, much more… We also have an industry insider’s section including Internet gaming press releases, a calendar of events and gaming industry news.
Bluff Europe: Europe's leading Poker Magazine brings you the latest Poker News, Player Interviews and all the best Online Poker offers Poker in the Park: Europe's largest Poker Festival.