|CURACAO INTERNET GAMING ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES REPRESENTATION OF ONLINE GAMING INDUSTRY IN CURACAO|
It is the expressed mission of the Curacao Internet Gaming Association (CIGA) to:
· Provide a forum for interested parties to address issues and advance common interests of its members in the global interactive gaming industry.
· Establish fair and responsible trade guidelines and practices, that enhance consumer confidence in interactive gaming products and services based in Curacao.
· Serve as an advocate and information clearinghouse to the Curacao Gaming Commission, consulting in future legislation for the cause of offshore gaming and its effect on CIGA members here in Curacao, so they are internationally competitive in this global industry.
· Enhance, project and protect the image and reputation of Curacao as a safe place all around to do business.
Our Aim is to provide effective representation to island and national government and serve as a planning and coordinating voice for legislative, policy, legal and communications efforts on behalf of CIGA members.
The policies of CIGA are not determined by any one member or clique. Policy is determined by the membership. Any member can call for a vote on any issue; at all times the membership have the power to change policy through the Board of Directors.
All CIGA Operator Members agree to the basic tenets:
· To operate under an Internet gaming license issued by the Netherlands Antilles.
· To maintain a complete audit trail of individual wagers and transactions for each customer.
· To avoid the creation and dispersal of any false or misleading advertising and marketing.
· To refuse any and all wagers from individuals under 18 years of age or residents of the Netherlands Antilles.
· To make their gaming programs and systems available to independent, third party review within a reasonable amount of time.
· To maintain adequate financial resources to pay any and all winning wagers on demand.
· To assist with the betterment of consumer confidence within the online gaming industry.
The CIGA Board of Directors is comprised as follows, with each board member elected for a two year term, until July 2004:
Alistair Assheton Chairman
Brian Grady Vice Chairman
John Bakker Secretary
Greyling Park Treasurer
Contact the board members directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of the Association is open to all companies involved, directly or indirectly, in the online gaming industry in or through Curacao. Full operator members pay NAF3500 per year, and non operator companies NAF750. Applications may be made to any of the board members, and shortly a web site containing all the necessary information will be made available at www.ciga.an - this is currently being developed.
CIGA has already had meetings at various levels with government representatives and banking institutions, and as the representative voice for the industry, the Board actively encourages all companies to participate by joining and attending meetings. A monthly newsletter will be sent out to all paid members in order to keep them abreast of all developments. A members meeting will be held quarterly, with the next one due on or around December 17th. The Board meets frequently in the interim to advance issues and achieve the goals as stated above.
For more information about CIGA, please contact Alistair Assheton at Alistair@ciga.an or on +599 9 737 4777.