|Paddypowerpoker.com today released preliminary results from its forthcoming report “Poker 2006: The State of Play” revealing that:|
• Over 50% of all poker players have played the game naked or in their underwear.
• More than 10% have injured themselves playing poker.
• Around 33% would forfeit their partner for $1 million.
• About 60% would rather play poker than have sex.
• Almost 40% have lied in order to play poker.
• Approximately 35% believe Gerry Adams would make the best poker player amongst British and Irish politicians.
The report, which includes a survey of hundreds of poker players across Ireland and the UK as well as information taken from the Paddy Power Poker database, also found that most poker players in Ireland plan to vote for Fianna Fail in the next general election while most players in the UK intend to vote Conservative.
When asked who would win a game of poker between George W. Bush, Tony Blair, Fidel Castro, Kim Jong Il and Saddam Hussein, Fidel Castro was voted the clear champ.
Given the choice of playing a game of poker with a historical figure, Elvis narrowly won out over gunslinger and poker legend Wild Bill Hickok and more than 70% of players confessed to wanting to throw their computer out the window after suffering a bad beat.
The report also reveals that:
• UK players are better than Irish players.
• The best players in Ireland are in Dublin, the worst in Cork.
• The Welsh are the best players in the UK, Londoners the worst.
The full report will be published in January 2006. Copies will be available from www.paddypowerpoker.com.
For more information please contact: Brendan Murray, Poker Communications Manager, +353 (0) 1 4881759 or +353 (0) 86 305 7469, email@example.com